WISE-UP+: Women Inspire Support and Empower to Unleash Positive Potential
WISE-UP+ is a structured series of workshops designed and led by women living with HIV with the aim of building a dynamic community of female HIV advocates.
The objectives of the WISE-UP+ programmes are:
- to alleviate isolation – where there is no/low access to services, addressing unmet needs in service design and delivery;
- to increase knowledge and power – so that women are involved in healthcare decision making, dialogue with health professionals, becoming activists;
- to meet the needs of ALL HIV+ women – exploring health disparities specific to culture, age, marginalised groups and intersectionality;
- to provide a safe space where women can share experiences, be creative and develop advocacy messages to inform policy and commissioning decisions;
- to endorse positive sex messages so that women can work towards the lives and relationships they want.
You can read about the most recent WISE UP+ weekend here.
The next in our ongoing series of WISE UP+ workshops is coming up in January 2020.
Young Women Rising:WISE UP is a weekend retreat for young women aged 18 to 25 over who are living with HIV. Those who take part will have the opportunity to meet other young women living with HIV in a relaxed, friendly environment and create advocacy messages to improve their experiences and access to services.
The retreat will be held at YHA London Lee Valley. To ensure everyone can be actively involved in the programme, participants are required to attend the whole weekend. Travel and hotel costs will be provided for women attending who do not live in London, local travel will be supported for London-based participants.Young-women-rise-up-V1-1